Lacuna Method Fungal Nail Treatment
LACUNA METHOD FUNGAL NAIL TREATMENT
Fungal Nail Infection (onychomycosis) is the most difficult of the superficial fungal infections to treat, as most topical agents are ineffective at penetrating the nail plate to reach the active infection on the nail bed (the skin under the nail).
By making micro holes in the nail plate with the innovative and specially designed micro burrs, your podiatrist can enable you to apply the anti-fungal agent, such as Lamisil spray, directly to the infected nail bed. The Lamisil Spray will spread under the nail as you walk and with daily application the fungus is stopped from spreading and the damaged nail grows out.
Review appointments are recommended on an average 6-8 weeks; however, this may vary, and your practitioner will advise you.
NAIL FUNGUS SIGNS
• Thickened Nails
• Crumbly or Brittle Nails
• Distorted in Shape or Lifting
• White, Yellow or Brown Coloured Nails
• Nails without a Healthy Shine
THE LACUNA METHOD IS:
• Pain-free Safe Treatment
• Making Micro holes in the nail plate allow an antifungal medicine to reach the point of infection directly under the nail
• Continued once a day application of an antifungal allows the nail to grow out healthy
This is a relatively new treatment and although short-term studies have been very encouraging, no treatment can be guaranteed to be 100% successful.